Minor in Queer Studies
A minor in queer studies requires a minimum of 16 credit hours, of which 9 must be upper-division.
Required Courses (3 credit hours each)
- W St 200 [D,S] Gender & Power: Introduction to Women's Studies
- W St 369 [D,H] Queer Identities in Contemporary Cultures
- W St/Soc 484 [D,S,T] Lesbian & Gay Studies
- W St 485 Theoretical Issues in Lesbian & Gay Studies
4 credit hours from the following electives:
- W St 211 (210) [H] Diverse Sexualities and Cultural Production
- W St 300 [M,S] Intersections of Race, Class, Gender, & Sexuality
- W St 410 Internship
- W St 481[M] Theoretical Issues in Women's Studies
- W St 499 Special Issues (Independent Study)
A maximum of 3 credit hours of W St 499 or in Special Topics (W St 301, 321) can be applied toward a minor.
Any substitutions must have written consent from the department chair.
Considering a Minor?
Stop by the department office in Wilson-Short Hall 10 to fill out a "Minor Interest" form.
Completing it does not obligate you to declare a minor in women's studies. The form simply indicates your interest so we may contact you with current information as it becomes available.
When you complete 60 credit hours, we will file a "Petition for Certifying a Minor" form with the Registrar's Office.