Washington State University has set out to make the motto "World Class, Face to Face" a reality. We are committed to offering the best undergraduate education available at a public research university. In that spirit, the Department of Sociology is proud to offer courses that best exemplify our faculty's commitment to teaching and learning. Members of the faculty have selected signature courses developed to bring their personal expertise and research into the classroom in a manner that stimulates student learning and promotes critical thinking.
Our faculty have invested the time and energy it takes to make their signature courses valuable components of the Department's undergraduate curriculum and the students' course of study. The Department of Sociology supports these efforts by scheduling signature courses on a regular basis so that our undergraduate students can have the opportunity to enroll in courses in which world-class researchers bring their scholarly expertise into the undergraduate classroom. For more about our signature courses, click on the following links:
- Soc. 101 : Introduction to Sociology - Lisa McIntyre
- Soc. 310 : Development of Social Theory - Christine Horne
- Soc. 340 : Social Inequality - Julie Kmec
- Soc. 345 : Sociology of Sport - Thomas Rotolo
- Soc. 351 : The Family - Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson
- Soc. 361 : Criminology - Jennifer Schwartz
- Soc. 430 : Society and Technology -
- Soc. 480 : Sociology of Race, Ethnicity, and Immigration
Our faculty have invested the time and energy it takes to make their signature courses valuable components of the Department's undergraduate curriculum and the students' course of study.