Areas of Interest
Technology, Aging, Privacy, Research Methods
B.S. Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2000
Current and/or Anticipated Research
My thesis project is investigating reasons why elderly persons adopt assistive technology for personal use. The CASAS Project here at WSU is developing a "Smart Home" ambient intelligence system equipped with sensors to help caregivers monitor the health and well-being of elderly residents in their homes. Using an experimental approach, I am examining different factors which may influence potential users' willingness to adopt this technology.
I am also working with Dr. Christine Horne on a project which investigates the privacy-related aspects of the new Smart Grid and Smart Meter technology which is currently being installed to replace old utility infrastructures around the country.
Office: Wilson-Short 149
Phone: (509) 335-4595 (msgs)
- WSU Alumnus Jackson Featured Speaker at Fall Sports Banquet
- Soccer Hosts Cougar Classic Tournament To Open 2006 Campaign
- Texas Native Signs Letter of Intent for Cougar Tennis
- Cougars Final Scrimmage Produces Pair Of Scoring Drives
- Bruce Added To Rotary Lombardi Watch List