Michael P. Allen
Ph.D., North Carolina, 1973
Areas of Research Interest:
Sociology of Culture, Political Sociology, Organizational Sociology.
Current Research Interests:
My current research interests are in the sociology of culture. I am working on a book on the impact of American popular films on the major national film industries in Europe. I am also studying the process of cultural valorization in the wine industry in both Washington and Australia.
"Critical Discourse and the Cultural Consecration of American Films." Social Forces (2004). With Anne E. Lincoln.
"Double Jeopardy in Hollywood: Gender and Age Effects on the Careers of Film Actors." Sociological Forum (2004). With Anne E. Lincoln.
"The Institutionalization of Fame: Achievement, Recognition, and Consecration in Baseball." American Sociological Review (2006). With Nicholas A. Parsons.
Wilson-Short Hall 250
- WSU Alumnus Jackson Featured Speaker at Fall Sports Banquet
- Soccer Hosts Cougar Classic Tournament To Open 2006 Campaign
- Texas Native Signs Letter of Intent for Cougar Tennis
- Cougars Final Scrimmage Produces Pair Of Scoring Drives
- Bruce Added To Rotary Lombardi Watch List