Political Science: Global Politics Option
The global politics option requires a total of 33 hours in political science, at least 15 of which must be earned at WSU.
- POL S 101: American National Government
- POL S 102: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- POL S 103: International Politics
- 9 hours from comparative politics: POL S 305, 314, 405 [M], 418, 428, 432 [M], 435, 436, 447, 472 [M], 474, 476 [M], 534*, 537* (courses cannot be counted for both comparative and international politics)
- 9 hours in international politics: POL S 314, 424 [M], 427, 428, 429, 530*, 531*, 533* (courses cannot be counted for both comparative and international politics)
* Senior standing and permission of instructor required.
- 3 hours in political theory: POL S 333, 437, or 438 [M]
- 3 additional hours of POL S elective
- Students must complete one of the following to fulfill the "International Experience" requirement:
- Study Abroad: A minimum of one semester (or equivalent) completing 3 courses in a university-approved education abroad program. (Note: Political science courses taken abroad may substitute for WSU courses in the major.)
- International internship, approved by the department, either abroad or in a U.S.-based internship with global activities.
- A minor in a foreign language (18 credits) or global studies.
University Writing Requirements
- Two (2) Writing in the Major [M] courses (6 hours) from POL S 404, 405, 424, 432, 438, 442, 446, 447, 450, 472, 476
- Junior Writing Portfolio/Qualifying Exam (portfolio and proficiency exam required no later than first semester after earning 60 credits)
Foreign Language Requirement
- 2 years high school or 1 year college (in same language)
Political Science Advising
Johnson Tower 827