Bryan Hall Theatre
- Main Floor (Orchestra) - 437 seats
- Balcony - 342 seats
- Total - 779 seats
- Width of proscenium - 31' 7"
- Height (to valance) - 16' 8"
- Width to stage w/wings (C to S.L.) - 21'
- Width to stage w/wings (C to S.R.) - 21' 6"
- Depth to main curtain (S.L.) - 17' 3"
- Depth to main curtain (S.R.) - 17' 3"
- Depth to apron (S.R.) - 26' 6"
- Depth to apron (S.L.) - 26' 6"
- Depth to apron (Center Stage) - 29' 4"
- Grid Height (pipes) - 33'
- Distance from light/projection booth to front edge of stage - 44'
- Distance from light/projection booth to curtain line - 54' 6"
- Distance from balcony to edge of stage - 30' 6"
- Distance from balcony to curtain line - 40' 10"
- Distance from follow spot platform to front edge of stage - 57' 6"
- Distance from follow spot platform to curtain line - 67' 10"
- Distance from main beam to curtain (Back House) - 60' 6"
- Distance from high beam to curtain (Front House) - 41' 6"
- Distance From Proscenium edge to DS Edge of Pit Filler Offstage/CS - 16' 4" / 19' 10"
- Maximum Capacity on an empty stage - 128 persons
- Maximum Capacity onstage with any equipment/chairs etc - 59 persons
Orchestra Pit (kidney shaped)
- Width - 37' 3"
- Depth (S.R. or S.L) - 9' 2"
- Depth (Center) - 11' 2"
- Distance from Proscenium to DS edge of Pit Filler (S.R. or S.L) - 16' 4"
- Distance from Proscenium to DS edge of Pit Filler (Center) - 19' 10"
- Capacity w/upright piano (approx) - 35 persons
- Capacity w/grand piano (approx) - 30 persons
The theatre is equipped with an orchestra pit filler. Entrance to the pit: From the house right and left when the pit filler is in place; from the dressing room hallway under the stage when the orchestra area is open.
- 23 Battens (32' long)
- 11 electric winches
- 3 at 2500 lbs. electrics: lines 2,7,10
- 8 at 1000 lbs. electrics: lines 1,3,4,5,6,8,9,11
- 10 hemp lines (No sandbagging capabilites)
- 3 counter weights
(1 set unless noted otherwise)
- Act curtain - crimson velour
- Valance - crimson velour
- Teaser - crimson velour
- Border - crimson velour
- Traveller - crimson velour
- Borders - black velour - 3 sets
- Legs - black velour - 3 sets
- Traveller - black velour
- Sharktooth scrim - white, available
- Cyclorama (white)
- ETC Expression 24/4 - 48 channels
- 85 - 2.4 k.w. dimmers, Rosco Entertainment Technology IPS dimmers with Talk Back
- 6 - 6 k.w. dimmers for house lights
- 4 - non-dimmers
Light Board located in the projection booth, main floor of the theatre. Can also be operated from Back stage right position.
Circuits are permanently patched to dimmers. Channel assignments made through the ETC Express 24/48 lighting controller. Click to view the Dimmer/Circuit Plan.
- Current available 110V and/or 220V
- Backstage left disconnect box for touring boards, 3 legs 100 amp/leg, 3 phase
- Clean raw power for sound equipment, back wall, stage left, 50 amp, 220V, outlets single phase.
- Backstage receptacles - 5 circuits/20 amp on 110 V
- House receptacles - 3 circuits/20 amp on 110 V
- Balcony receptacles - 2 circuits/20 amp on 110V
Intercom System Available by Clear Com
- 5 headsets available
- One channel communication only
- Station Locations
- Stage right
- Stage left
- Orchestra pit
- Main floor Row I seat 8
- Center upper balcony
- Projectionist counter
- Main Station located in projection booth with talkback mic and speaker
Projection Booth (ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING!)
- Located on the main floor, back of theatre
- 1 - Kodak Slide projector
- 1 - Large 16 x 14' - multi-image movie screen
- Audio Visual Equipment available for rent upon request through Instructional Support Services.
- Height: 12' (14' for shallow sets)
- Width: 20' at 10' distance from curtain line
Stage Loading Door - Stage Left
- Height - 6' 8 "
- Width - 7' 11 "
- Unload onto loading dock (height) - 2' 2"
- Under the Stage
- Under the Stage
- 2 rooms Men and Women
- 10 persons per room capacity
- 4 mirrored and lighted spaces on counter
- 1 washbasin on counter
- 1 rest room and lavatory per room
- 1 shower per room (hot and cold running water)