Spring 2013 Certification Applications due February 22, 2013
Because of high demand for the major, DTC Pullman has instituted a certification process. The process is detailed below. Please read all information carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered. There is only one certfication session each semester, so pay close attention to the deadline.
- To apply for certification a student must have the following: 24 completed credit hours; a minimum 2.2 GPA; one credit of ENGL 300 with evidence of projects OR sufficient evidence of facility in web authoring, animation, video production, and/or graphic design; and a written statement of purpose (approximately 500-750 words) explaining how the DTC major supports the student’s career goals.
- Certification Forms can be downloaded here. Each application must include this signed Certification Form.
- Applications must be dropped off to Professor Arola's office, Avery 309. Put application materials in an appropriately sized envelope or binder and clearly label as "DTC Certification."
- Certification Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm on February 22, 2013. Late applications will not be considered
- Certification applications will be reviewed by a committee that includes the DTC Coordinator, one DTC faculty member, the Director of Undergraduates Studies, and one DTC instructor or a graduate student teaching DTC courses. Students will be placed in rank order and the top students will be certified based on how many spots are available.
- Results of the Certification process will be emailed to students and to their academic advisors. Unsuccessful applicants may reapply the following semester.
- If you are already certified as a DTC major, you do not have to apply. If you are not sure if you are certified, check your DARS or contact your advisor.