Below are syllabi for American studies courses and courses taught in affiliated departments by American studies faculty. Some have been taught via WSU Online.
|Am St 507||Contemporary Practices in American Cultural Studies||Guerrero||Syllabus|
|Am St 520||Colonization, Globalization and Decolonization||Streamas||Syllabus|
|Am St 525||Social Movements in American Studies||Leonard||Syllabus|
Sample Syllabi from Previous Semesters
While a course will change some each time it is taught, these examples give a good indication of general content and requirements.
- Am St 505: Proseminar in American Cultural Studies
- Am St 506: Frameworks in American Cultural Studies
- Am St 507: Contemporary Practices in American Cultural Studies
- Am St 520: Colonization, Globalization and Decolonization
- Am St 521: Critical Studies in Sexuality
- Am St 522: Digital Cultures, Digital Divides
- Am St 523: Environmental Justice Cultural Studies
- Am St 524: Culture Studies in Popular Culture
- Am St 526: Contemporary Theories of Race and Ethnicity
- Am St 590: Seminar in American Studies: Cultural Studies
- Am St 590: Seminar in American Studies: Chicana/o Studies
- Am St 590: Seminar in American Studies: Global Feminisms and Diasporas
- Am St 596: Topics in American Studies: Signifying Practices
- Hist 596: Foundations of U.S. History, 1877–Present
Brief course descriptions for all American studies courses may be found in the WSU Catalog.
NOTE: Nearly 75 graduate courses of use to American studies graduate students are available through our allied departments. Check out a list of those courses.
See the undergraduate courses page for current American studies offerings numbered 499 and below.