Ph.D. Candidate (ABD)
Lizeth has taught CES 101, Introduction to Comparative Ethnic Studies; CES 255, Chicana/o History; CES 260, Race and Racism in U.S. Popular Culture; CES/W St/Soc 300, Intersections of Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality; and W St 101/200, Gender and Power: Introduction to Women's Studies, for CCGRS. She was also a teaching assistant for Dr. Rory Ong's CES 101 during spring 2013.
- Chicana feminism
- Chican@/Latin@ studies
- Critical race theory
- Queer studies
- Race and gender in popular culture
- Global feminisms
- Assistant, assisting book review editor Dr. Linda Heidenreich of Chicana/Latina Studies: The Journal of Mujeres Activas en Letras y Cambio Social, Fall 2012–Present.
- "La Cholita de Guadalupe." Mujeres Talk. Word Press. 4 November. 2014. Web.
- "Finding My Home in Psychic Restlessness." Mujeres Talk. Word Press. 20 May. 2014. Web.
- Book review on Spiritual Mestizaje: Religion, Gender, Race, and Nation in Contemporary Chicana Narrative. By Theresa Delgadillo. Aztlan: A Journal of Chicano Studies. Issue: Volume 38, Number 2 / Fall 2013. Pages 253–256.
Future Publications include:
- Gutierrez, Lizeth. "Gloria Anzaldúa." The Encyclopedia of Social Theory by Wiley Blackwell. (Forthcoming).
- Book review on Anay's Will to Learn: A Woman's Education in the Shadow of the Maquiladoras. By Elaine Hampton with Anay Palomeque de Carrillo. Aztlan: A Journal of Chicano Studies. Spring 2015. (Under Review).
- Gutierrez, Lizeth. "Queering Chisme: Redefining Emotional Security in Josefina López's Real Women Have Curves." Gendering XXI: Women as Protagonists in US Latin@ and Hispanic Caribbean Narratives. Nancy Bird-Soto and Pilar Melero. San Juan, PR: Editorial Tiempo Nuevo, 2015. (Accepted Under Revision)
- "Beyond 'Lean In' Mentoring: Examining the Material Implications of the Neoliberal Academy," roundtable at the National Women Studies Association (NWSA) Conference, San Juan, PR, November 13–16, 2014.
- "Lenguas sueltas que chismean: A Critical Analysis of Chisme in the New Economy," presented at the "Roundtable of Latina Feminism" Conference, John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH, April 25-26, 2014.
- "Chicanas Chingonas: Reframing Discourses of Resistance," presented at the NACCS Northwest Region Conference, Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA, November 9, 2013.
- "Redefining 'Emotional Security' through a Queer Analysis of the play Real Women Have Curves," presented at the "Roundtable of Latina Feminism" Conference, John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH, April 26–27, 2013.
- "Queering Chisme," presented at the Northwest Women's Studies Association Annual Conference, Moscow, ID, April 5-6, 2013.
- "'With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility': Graduate Students Keepin' the Movement Alive in the 21st Century," presented at the 9th Annual International Globalization, Diversity and Education Conference, Vancouver, WA, February 21–22, 2013.
- "¡Controla tus curvas, chica!: Latina Magazine and the Homogenizing of Latinas and Latinidad," presented at the Women in Magazine: Research, Representation, Production, and Consumption Conference, Kingston University, London, England, June 22–23, 2012.
- "MEChA Mom's Weekend: Nuestras Madres, Nuestras Gran Señoras," Washington State University, Pullman, WA, April 11, 2015.
- "Navigating the Academy: Tools of Survival, Tools of Resistance," Carleton College, Northfield, MN, February 20–21, 2015.
- "Ten Things You Need to Know About Graduate School Before You Apply," Heritage University, Toppenish, WA, September 5–6, 2014.
- "Graduate Adviser Mentoring: Making the 'Turn'," Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA, May 21–22, 2014.
Wilson-Short Hall 114
- W St 484 (course flyer)